Genesee Lake School now has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join our team as an Instructional Aide! Instructional Aides act as an extension of our Special Education Teachers and provide direct care and instruction to the students we support.
Who is Genesee Lake School?
Genesee Lake School is a private, employee owned residential and day school for students, ages 6-21, who are diagnosed with Neurodevelopmental Disorders and/or Complex Developmental Trauma Disorders. Our mission is to dare greatly by transforming the lives of our students, their families, and the employee owners who serve them.
Why would I want to work there?
- To make a difference – First and foremost, the best reason for working here is that you have a rare opportunity to make a profound difference in the lives of the students we work with. It is our vision at GLS that every student leaves us prepared to live his or her best possible life, in a family or community that accepts and supports them.
- Opportunity – As an employee-owned company, we are committed to maintaining an environment where both our students and staff can grow. We make this a reality for our employees by offering ongoing training, promotional opportunities, tuition assistance, and the chance to be heard through voluntary participation in various committees and information sessions.
- Recognition – This is a tough job. Not just anyone can be successful in this field, and we appreciate those that give it their all daily. Therefore, we are committed to offering various activities throughout the year to show our employees that we appreciate everything they do for us. Some examples include (but are not limited to) our annual health and wellness week, farm day (at our on-campus organic farm) for staff and their families, a holiday party and buffet, team builders, monthly anniversary parties, field day, bowling day, our Employee of the Month and Kudos programs, and so much more!
Wage & Benefit Information
- $12.75/hour with a High School Diploma or equivalent
- $13.25/hour with an Associate's Degree
- $13.75/hour with a Bachelor's Degree
- All full-time employees of Genesee Lake School are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Training—your first month here will consist of thorough training to prepare you for your new position
- Health, Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability, Life, and even Pet Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Student Loan Pay-Down Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company perks and discounts
- Free meals