Genesee Lake School is excited to offer a student loan paydown program to all full-time employees!
Genesee Lake School is currently seeking a responsible, reliable, and detail-oriented individual for a full-time Health Services Assistant position with medication administration as the primary focus. This is a full-time 40 hour per week position with both 1st and 2nd shift hours that will also require working every other weekend. This position will be responsible for passing a large volume of medication in a fast-paced environment, so it is important that the right candidate be highly skilled in time management and focused on accuracy. This position will also be expected to fill in doing other Health Services department roles as needed.
Who is Genesee Lake School?
Genesee Lake School is a private, employee owned residential and day school for students, ages 6-21, who are diagnosed with Neurodevelopmental Disorders and/or Complex Developmental Trauma Disorders. Our mission is to dare greatly by transforming the lives of our students, their families, and the employee owners who serve them.
Why would I want to work there?
- To make a difference – First and foremost, the best reason for working here is that you have a rare opportunity to make a profound difference in the lives of the students we work with. It is our vision at GLS that every student leaves us prepared to live his or her best possible life, in a family or community that accepts and supports them.
- Opportunity – As an employee-owned company, we are committed to maintaining an environment where both our students and staff can grow. We make this a reality for our employees by offering ongoing training, promotional opportunities, tuition assistance, and the chance to be heard through voluntary participation in various committees and information sessions.
- Recognition – This is a tough job. Not just anyone can be successful in this field, and we appreciate those that give it their all daily. Therefore, we are committed to offering various activities throughout the year to show our employees that we appreciate everything they do for us and our students. Some examples include (but are not limited to) our annual health and wellness week, farm day (at our on-campus organic farm) for staff and their families, a holiday party and buffet, team builders, monthly anniversary parties, field day, bowling day, our Employee of the Month and Kudos programs, and so much more!
Wage & Benefit Information
- All full-time employees of Genesee Lake School are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Training—your first month here will consist of thorough training to prepare you for your new position
- Health, Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability, Life, and even Pet Insurance
- Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off—a new employee working 40 hours/week will earn about 168 hours of paid time off each year! That’s over 4 weeks.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Student Loan Paydown Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free meals