Genesee Lake School is excited to now offer a student loan paydown program for all full-time employees!
Are you looking to make a difference in the lives of children, teens, and young adults? Would you like to gain some experience in the fields of Psychology or Behavioral Health? We are currently hiring patient, understanding, and tolerant entry-level Direct Support Professionals to work with our students!
Who is Genesee Lake School?
Genesee Lake School is a private, employee owned residential and day school for students, ages 6-21, who are diagnosed with Neurodevelopmental Disorders and/or Complex Developmental Trauma Disorders. Our mission is to dare greatly by transforming the lives of our students, their families, and the employee owners who serve them.
Why would I want to work there?
- To make a difference – First and foremost, the best reason for working here is that you have a rare opportunity to make a profound difference in the lives of the students we work with. It is our vision at GLS that every student leaves us prepared to live his or her best possible life, in a family or community that accepts and supports them.
- Opportunity – As an employee-owned company, we are committed to maintaining an environment where both our students and staff can grow. We make this a reality for our employees by offering ongoing training, promotional opportunities, tuition assistance, and the chance to be heard through voluntary participation in various committees and information sessions.
- Recognition – This is a tough job. Not just anyone can be successful in this field, and we appreciate those that give it their all daily. Therefore, we are committed to offering various activities throughout the year to show our employees that we appreciate everything they do for us. Some examples include (but are not limited to) our annual health and wellness week, farm day (at our on-campus organic farm) for staff and their families, a holiday party and buffet, team builders, monthly anniversary parties, field day, bowling day, our Employee of the Month and Kudos programs, and so much more!
Wage & Benefit Information
- $12.00/hour with a High School Diploma or equivalent
- $12.50/hour with an Associate's Degree
- $13.00/hour with a Bachelor's Degree
- All full-time employees of Genesee Lake School are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Training—your first month here will consist of thorough training to prepare you for your new position
- Health, Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability, Life, and even Pet Insurance
- Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off—a new employee working 40 hours/week will earn about 168 hours of paid time off each year! That’s over 4 weeks.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Student Loan Paydown Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free meals